Financial stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 22.2% today.
- Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE): UVE stock is up 10.4% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 5.2% today and up 23.8% in the last month.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 2.4% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Tree.Com (TREE): TREE stock is up 2.9% today and up 48.6% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 13.8% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 7.3% today and down 22.4% in the last month.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is down 5.9% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 3.8% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 3.6% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.9% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.8% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 2.3% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.