Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 41.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.