Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is up 7.0% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 6.0% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 5.1% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 4.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): RPTP stock is up 4.7% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 4.5% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 4.6% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 3.8% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 3.4% today.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is down 0.6% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.