Healthcare stocks advanced 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 1.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 13.9% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 5.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): SCMP stock is up 4.8% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 4.3% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 4.3% today.
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 4.5% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 4.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 0.4% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.