Healthcare stocks advanced 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 1.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 13.9% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 5.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): SCMP stock is up 4.8% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 4.3% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 4.3% today.
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 4.5% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 4.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 0.4% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.