Healthcare stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- IPC The Hospitalist Company (IPCM): IPCM stock is up 36.4% today and up 41.0% in the last month.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 13.5% today and up 33.0% in the last month.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 8.0% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 4.0% today and up 100.4% in the last month.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 4.1% today.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): SCMP stock is up 4.6% today and up 31.3% in the last month.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 7.8% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 5.0% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 5.1% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 1.8% today and down 23.4% in the last month.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): RPTP stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.