Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 2.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.1%, the Nasdaq was down 2.8% and the S&P 500 declined 2.1%.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed gains:
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 4.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 6.5% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 6.0% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 4.5% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 4.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 4.3% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 4.3% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.