Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 3.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 3.4%, the Nasdaq sank 3.2% and the S&P 500 dropped 3.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is down 9.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): SCMP stock is down 7.1% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 6.7% today and down 39.7% in the last month.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 6.2% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 6.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is down 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 5.7% today and down 23.1% in the last month.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 5.3% today and down 35.9% in the last month.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 5.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 5.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.