Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is up 4.6% today.
- Gannett Co. Inc (GCI): GCI stock is up 4.4% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 4.2% today.
- US Ecology (ECOL): ECOL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA): ASNA stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 2.6% today.
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stamps.Com Inc (STMP): STMP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is down 1.9% today.
- Tractor Supply Company (TSCO): TSCO stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Dillard’s (DDS): DDS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Group 1 Automotive (GPI): GPI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Wal-Mart Stores (WMT): WMT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is down 1.8% today.
- China Lodging Group Ltd (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.