Services stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.3% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 7.6% today.
- Digitalglobe Inc (DGI): DGI stock is up 5.8% today.
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc (BEE): BEE stock is up 5.1% today.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 4.8% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is up 4.1% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 4.0% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 3.7% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is up 3.7% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW): MPW stock is down 3.0% today.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment (PEI): PEI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Cheesecake Factory Inc (CAKE): CAKE stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE): BOBE stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Corrections Corporation of America (CXW): CXW stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI): OHI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Dineequity Inc (DIN): DIN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRT): FRT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Brinker International (EAT): EAT stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.