Technology stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is up 7.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is up 4.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is up 3.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Analog Devices (ADI): ADI stock is up 3.8% today.
- Wipro Limited (WIT): WIT stock is up 3.4% today.
- EMC Corp (EMC): EMC stock is up 3.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Arrow Electronics (ARW): ARW stock is up 3.2% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is up 3.1% today.
- Flextronics International Ltd (FLEX): FLEX stock is up 3.0% today.
- Kyocera Corp (KYO): KYO stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 5.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Tessera Technologies (TSRA): TSRA stock is down 3.4% today.
- Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC): GNRC stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aci Worldwide (ACIW): ACIW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Loral Space and Communications (LORL): LORL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is down 1.2% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is down 1.1% today.
- ADT Corp (ADT): ADT stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.