Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 1.2% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.