Transportation stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.9% and the S&P 500 increased 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 10.2% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 6.6% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 4.8% today.
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is up 4.2% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Golar Lng Ltd (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 2.4% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.7% today and down 35.3% in the last month.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.