Transportation stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 2.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.3% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.1% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 0.5% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 18.4% today and down 24.6% in the last month.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 17.5% today and down 29.1% in the last month.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 2.6% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 2.3% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.