Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.5% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 0.1% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is down 0.5% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.