Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 0.8% today and up 24.0% in the last month.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 3.3% today.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is down 2.1% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.