Utilities stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.4% today and down 53.8% in the last month.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.