Utilities stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 4.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 2.3% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 2.0% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.9% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 2.2% today.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.