Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 5.9% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 5.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 4.3% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 4.4% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 3.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.