Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 6.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.3% today and up 24.9% in the last month.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is up 3.1% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.