Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 6.3% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 4.4% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V (SIM): SIM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.5% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 9.5% today and down 21.8% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 7.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 5.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 5.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 4.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 4.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 4.1% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 3.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 3.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.