Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 6.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 4.7% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.5% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 2.9% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 3.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 2.1% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 3.9% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.3% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 2.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.