Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 6.3% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 6.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 5.7% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 4.8% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 4.5% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 4.4% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 3.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 4.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 0.8% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.