Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Friday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 6.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 5.8% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 5.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 6.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 4.4% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 4.3% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 3.1% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 4.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.2% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 1.5% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.