Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 4.1% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 6.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 4.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 4.1% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.