Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.5% higher and the S&P 500 rose 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is up 4.9% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 4.6% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 4.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 3.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 2.8% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 4.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 4.6% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 3.2% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.9% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.6% today and down 36.4% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.