Basic materials stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.5% today and down 32.8% in the last month.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.