Basic materials stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.5% today and down 32.8% in the last month.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.