Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average spiked 4.0%, the Nasdaq jumped 5.0% and the S&P 500 spiked 4.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 12.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 6.2% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 5.8% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 5.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 4.2% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 3.9% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 3.9% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 3.8% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 0.3% today and down 26.2% in the last month.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.