Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 0.4% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.4% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 4.0% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.7% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 3.3% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.