Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 0.6% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 5.1% today and down 20.3% in the last month.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 3.8% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.5% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 2.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.