Capital goods stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 9.0% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 4.7% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 3.3% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc [Ireland] (IR): IR stock is up 2.2% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Comfort Systems USA (FIX): FIX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 0.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.