Capital goods stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.5% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Comfort Systems USA (FIX): FIX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.