Capital goods stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 2.3% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Comfort Systems USA (FIX): FIX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 1.7% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 2.2% today and down 22.3% in the last month.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 1.1% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.