Capital goods stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.4% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 4.6% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 3.5% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 3.8% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.