Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 3.6% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 3.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 0.4% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 13.4% today and down 28.9% in the last month.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 9.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 7.1% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 7.0% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 5.8% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 6.4% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 5.8% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 4.7% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 4.5% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 4.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.