Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 3.6% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 3.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 0.4% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 13.4% today and down 28.9% in the last month.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 9.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 7.1% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 7.0% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 5.8% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 6.4% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 5.8% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 4.7% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 4.5% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 4.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.