Energy stocks fell 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 5.3% today and down 32.0% in the last month.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 1.7% today and down 48.6% in the last month.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 2.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 2.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.