Energy stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 1.7% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 1.2% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 4.2% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 3.7% today and down 24.4% in the last month.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 2.7% today and down 27.5% in the last month.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 2.4% today and down 22.7% in the last month.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.