Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 13.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 11.2% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 10.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 8.6% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 8.5% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 7.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 6.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 6.0% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.