Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 13.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 11.2% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 10.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 8.6% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 8.5% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 7.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 6.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 6.0% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.