Energy stocks declined 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 2.1% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.8% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 7.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 6.7% today and down 27.2% in the last month.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 5.5% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.2% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 4.1% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 4.5% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 3.8% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 3.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.