Energy stocks declined 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 2.1% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.8% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 7.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 6.7% today and down 27.2% in the last month.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 5.5% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.2% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 4.1% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 4.5% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 3.8% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 3.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.