Financial stocks finished up 2.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.5% and the S&P 500 increased 2.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 5.9% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 5.6% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 5.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 5.2% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 5.2% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 4.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 4.6% today.
- Sei Investments Company (SEIC): SEIC stock is up 4.6% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 4.5% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- NBT Bancorp Inc (NBTB): NBTB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Chemical Financial Corp (CHFC): CHFC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.