Financial stocks finished down 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 3.0% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is up 1.6% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.2% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 4.2% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 3.6% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 3.2% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB): FITB stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.