Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 9.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is up 6.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 2.2% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 1.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.3% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Tfs Financial Corp (TFSL): TFSL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK): BK stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 2.2% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is down 2.0% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.1% today.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.