Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 10.3% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 6.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 4.3% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 3.5% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is up 3.1% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Loews Corp (L): L stock is up 2.9% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 2.9% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 1.5% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.