Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 4.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 4.2% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG): AMAG stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 3.3% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 2.3% today and up 20.0% in the last month.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 2.3% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX): BCRX stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.