Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 3.2% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Msa Safety Inc (MSA): MSA stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.