Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq fell 1.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 7.5% today and down 26.1% in the last month.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 6.9% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 6.2% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 6.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 6.0% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 5.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 5.6% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 5.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 5.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is down 5.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.