Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.1%, the Nasdaq was up 2.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is up 4.9% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 4.6% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 4.0% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.