Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is up 49.5% today and up 60.1% in the last month.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 5.8% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 4.5% today.
- Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG): AMAG stock is up 4.3% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 3.2% today and up 31.6% in the last month.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 3.4% today and up 22.2% in the last month.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 3.5% today and up 31.3% in the last month.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 3.0% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.8% today and down 35.5% in the last month.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 0.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.