Healthcare stocks finished down 1.0% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 declined 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 4.9% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 4.0% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): SCMP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 3.3% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG): AMAG stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 4.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 4.3% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 3.1% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 2.5% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 2.4% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 2.6% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 2.3% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.