Healthcare stocks finished flat on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH): ZBH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 3.5% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 1.2% today and down 35.9% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.