Services stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 6.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Pharmerica Corp (PMC): PMC stock is up 4.3% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is up 3.5% today.
- Starz (STRZA): STRZA stock is up 3.5% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW): MPW stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Vipshop Holdings Ltd (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 3.4% today.
- China Lodging Group Ltd (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Coherus Biosciences Inc (CHRS): CHRS stock is down 2.8% today.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Antero Resources Midstream Llc (AM): AM stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Advance Auto Parts Inc (AAP): AAP stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.